If you want to drink,
that's your business.
If you want to stop,
that's our business.
What A.A. Does Not Do
A.A. does not:
- Furnish initial motivation for alcoholics to recover
- Solicit members
- Engage in or sponsor research
- Keep attendance records or case histories
- Join "councils" of social agencies
- Follow up or try to control its members
- Make medical or psychological diagnoses or prognoses
- Provide drying-out or nursing services, hospitalization, drugs, or any medical or psychiatric treatment
- Offer religious services
- Engage in education about alchohol
- Provide housing, food, clothing, jobs, money, or any other welfare or social services
- Provide domestic or vocational counseling
- Accept any money for its services, or any contributions from non-A.A. sources
- Provide letters of reference to parole boards, lawyers, court officials, social agencies, employers, etc.
Links to Other AA Related Websites
| AA World Services, Inc. | AA Grapevine | Meetings in Northern WI & the U.P. | Meetings in Southern WI
Al-Anon Family Groups of SE Wisconsin
These websites are neither endorsed nor opposed by A.A. World Services, Inc. Any opinions expressed here are those of Alcoholics Anonymous members, and not, necessarily, those of A.A. as a whole. Inclusion of these web links does not indicate endorsement of the related site or program. They are simply included here for your convenience.